Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

19 July 2010

Ray Charles Live In Oklahoma City (1988)

"This was a pretty small club in Oklahoma City that hosted a lot of 'revues' and country shows," the bootlegger wrote, "I was fortunate enough to see brother Ray there put on a short but incredibly soulful set. After recording the tape it somehow ended up at my parent's house for well over 15 years and I totally forgot where it was. About 2 years ago I retrieved 4 or 5 master recordings I had done for [the club] and fortunately this was amongst them. Unfortunately, the exact date was not written on the tape, only Feb 1988."
  1. Woody 'n' Bu* (Ray Charles Orchestra)
  2. Riding Thumb
  3. Busted
  4. Georgia On My Mind
  5. You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want To Do It)
  6. Come Rain Or Come Shine
  7. Oh, What A Beautiful Morning
  8. Do I Ever Cross Your Mind
  9. Love Is What We Need (The Raelettes)
  10. All I Need (The Raelettes) 
  11. Don't Change On Me
  12. I Can't Stop Loving You
  13. What'd I Say
* Title kindly provided by Jeff Helgesen, one of the trumpet players in the orchestra line-up for this concert. On Woody 'n' Bu (composed by Steve Turre) the tenor solo was for Rudy Johnson, the trumpet solo for Jeff Kaye, and the keyboard solo for Ernest Vantrease.

No comments :

Post a Comment